Ten Unique Ideas for Your Wedding
Make your wedding day the most memorable to your guests with some of these simple ideas:
- When sending out your invitations consider purchasing a seal used for wax. There are a variety of designs not to mention that this will give that extra special touch on your envelopes. This is a very classical way to send out your invitations and shows that you are truly one for detail. Any local craft store would carry these, and they can also be found on the Internet.
- Be sure to take photographs of everyone in your wedding, whether in small groups or individually (for close friends or family members). In your thank you cards send a small photograph of you and your new hubby with the guest. This item will be treasured by your guests.
- Out with the old and in with the new. Plain, simple ring bearer pillows are out! Try using an antique, colorful or a richly designed pillow.
- Get married by a friend or family member. Many states allow you to get a permit to allow whoever you wish to perform your ceremony.
- On the day of your wedding designate someone to take photographs (other than the photographer, as they may be too pricey for this simple task) of your guests as they are signing your guest book. You can use those photos for a scrap book or add them to the guest book itself.
- As opposed to using standard picture frames to hold your place cards consider placing them in a goblet especially created to hold the cards. They are quite unique and add a lot to the table setting. Not to mention that they are adorable. They tend to run on the pricey side, but they are a very unique take home gift.
- If you are going to have an outdoor wedding, consider giving your guests sunglasses or hand held fans personalized with your names and the date of your wedding.
- Origami can add a beautiful array of color to the table. These centerpieces are very easy and inexpensive to make, as well as a great addition for the pictures.
- Hire professional dancers. If you think you might have a crowd of shy individuals this is a great idea. Dancers can help get the party going. Many universities have a dance school. Go to a local college where the wedding will be held and find out if any students would be interested in making a few bucks. Students would also be a more cost effective solution if you are on a tight budget. You might also consider a professional dance studio, as they typically hold parties and classes, and they may have students willing to participate as an opportunity to get a little more practice. Check out our Dance Instruction category to get started!
- Put together a slide show for your guests of photographs through the years. You can have it played before you walk into the reception. This is a sure way to get the crowd’s attention. Hire a professional, who can create a beautiful DVD Tribute to the bride and groom, family and friends. Simply collect old photos and even videos, submit them to a company such as West Family Tree Video, who will add music, graphics, etc. and anything else you might specify. This is a very popular way to keep your guests entertained before the reception, while you’re having your photos taken!